Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 1 (repeat) P90X3: Total Synergistics

My plan to get back to P90X3 last week was foiled by my lingering back and neck issues.  As soon as I started to feel better, I did last week's Total Synergistics workout, and my back and neck got tweaked again.  I laid low for the rest of the week, spent my time walking and doing some gardening (not great for the back, FYI), stretching, and sleeping in.  As of yesterday, everything felt really good, so I just got done with my first workout.  I now have Total Synergistics memorized and am getting better at the moves.  I will post a video to my FB page about doing the boat and plow move, which still blows my mind (and my abs), and which Ford has no problem doing as shown in the video.

I am VERY happy to be back at it. Barring any other physical ailments, I am committed to P90X3 and to Tony Horton whom I adore.  He is SO FUNNY!  Rumor has it that he used to be a stand up comic. I totally see it, and I connect well to his humor.  In fact, during my senior year of college when I had no post-college plan, I had considered trying out stand up comedy with my best friend.  We thought better of it (we tried writing a routine, and it was awful!), so here I am: coach, teacher, mother, wife, etc. ;-)  All that to say, I get Tony Horton's humor, and it makes me want to get to my workouts more and more.  I appreciate that he is so real and that P90X3 was created for EVERYONE. I know that lots of people have heard of P90X and are intimidated by it.  This is NOT P90X.  This system is great and totally do-able.

Onward and upward!

Kat

1 comment:

  1. How'd day two go? I just started week 16 and Jen is on week 4 without missing a day!!!
    P90x3 is the best workout routine ever. Weighed myself this past weekend for the first time in a few weeks. I'm now lighter than I've been since I was 15 years old. What's crazy is my goals keep getting pushed. I feel like I could still shed about 5-10 lbs. Longest run ever this morning and it felt great! My advice to anyone checking out this blog is DO THIS WORKOUT.
    Here's a free tip for you (Tony always says this) Print up a workout calendar and put it on your fridge. After every workout cross it off. It feels so good to do every day. Every time you go to the fridge to eat you get a smile looking at all those check marks.
    I think this is the only way I got through my first 90. Now it's starting to become like breathing. Wake up, workout, repeat!

    ReplyDelete