Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 3 is the hardest, so they say...

I am on Day 3 of the Ultimate Reset (UR).  This clean eating and detox journey is ALWAYS extremely productive for me.  Though I have to take a break from intense exercise, I find ways to move, get outside, and feel like I am really cleaning out my body.  The past two days have been very challenging as I get in to the habit of not eating between meals, not eating the kids' leftovers, not eating their snacks, and avoiding decaf coffee.  You may be asking, "what is this reset thing and how does it work?"  It's pretty simple.

The general rules:
1) Sleep as much as you can
2) Avoid alcohol and caffeine
3) Drink AT LEAST half your body weight in ounces of water
4) Strictly follow the program guidelines
5) Moderate exercise like walking and yoga are allowed; intense exercise like P90X3, T25, and TurboFire are not allowed (it's too much work for the body to eliminate toxins AND try to help muscles break down and then recover).
6) Caffeine free herbal tea is allowed.  I actually drink a lot of that IN ADDITION TO my required amount of water.

How do the 3 weeks break down?

Week 1: No alcohol or caffeine but TONS of water.  Fruits, veggies, grains (legumes), dairy, and other animal proteins are allowed (chicken and salmon to name just two). + the supplements.

Week 2: No alcohol or caffeine but TONS of water.  Animal proteins and dairy are removed.  Fruits, veggies, and grains remain + the supplements.

Week 3: No alcohol or caffeine but TONS of water.  Animal proteins, dairy, and grains are removed. Fruits and veggies remain + the supplements.

If you're like me and you LOVE your Shakeology, you are allowed ONLY vegan kinds.  Right now, I am out of my vegan chocolate, so I am totally off of Shakeology (sniff, sniff).

Below is an example of one of my lunches for week 1.  Grilled chicken, broccoli, peppers, & cauliflower.  See!?? Eating clean DOES NOT mean STARVING yourself.  This detox/reset is truly about resetting your body in a natural way.  I'm already feeling SO MUCH BETTER: less bloated, less fatigued, and in a way better mood because I know that I am eating well and healthfully.

If 21 days is too much for you, let me know. I have other, shorter solutions for you.  Comment below or message me on FB.

Onward and upward.

1 comment:

  1. I did this twice last year and it was the major reason I lost 65 lbs. The trick now is to make my lifestyle like week 1 :)
    Getting there!

    ReplyDelete