Tuesday, June 24, 2014

There will be a brief, 21 day pause on P90X3

My 40th birthday is 22 days away.  I have decided to take a brief pause from P90X3 in order to do the Beachbody Ultimate Reset (UR), the 21 day cleaning eating program that I have done several times and LOVE.  I have been feeling like I need to reconnect with my nutrition, and the UR is the way that I am able to do that.

I first did the UR in March 2013 before I became a coach and lost 14 pounds and 9.5 inches.  I learned about healthy, clean eating.  I learned about the amount of water I need to drink, and I learned that, no matter how tired I am, I LOVE to cook.  Cutting veggies is actually therapy for me: the kids color or watch TV, I listen to music and cut veggies.  I think this lesson is the biggest one I learned through doing the UR.  I actually LOVE to cut veggies.  And, thank goodness, because there are LOTS of veggies to cut in 21 days!  After March 2013, I put about 5 pounds back on and felt kind of gross, so I did the UR again in September of 2013 and was able to take those 5 pounds back off.  The late fall and early winter were REALLY rough on me, and I started to feel unwell again and decided to do the UR in February 2014.  Despite the fact that our dog died very suddenly 3 days in to the UR, my husband and I managed to stay on track, and we both had TONS of success.  As the winter rolled on, though, and the sudden loss of our dog set in, I became less consistent with my eating and the weight began to creep on again.  Now, my journey not always about weight.  It's more often about how I feel, how my clothes fit (I don't weigh myself much anymore), and how I am doing moment-to-moment, from choice to choice.  Between March and now, even though I have been consistent with my workouts, my eating has slacked which pretty much nullifies any progress from fitness.  I want to see HUGE results from P90X3, so I need to detox, get clean again, and reconnect with my nutrition.

So, it's time for another round of the UR.  I am hoping that by keeping this blog I will remain consistent AFTER the UR is done.  I am always rock solid when doing this program. I love it, I feel great, I love the energy.  Keeping at it DURING the 21 days is not the problem.  Keeping consistent and putting in to play what I learn during the UR AFTER the UR is over is the trick.  Here's to KNOWING (not hoping) that the printed word and my log of these 21 days as well as your support will keep me solid AFTER the 21 days are over.

It will be challenging to do the UR during the summer: I have a Brewer's game and tailgate on Sunday and July 4 BBQs to get through. I just have to keep my eyes on the prize: Feeling AMAZING and PROUD on my 40th birthday, July 15 (or Day 22).

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment