Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 12 P90X3: CVX

After I finished my previous post about my other two workouts, I got up, headed to the basement, and got my SUPER intense cardio on.  I thought that my shoes would force me to stop, but they managed to hang in there (and, just after I finished, my new shoes showed up, of course).

CVX (cardio vascular X) is AWESOME.  As I've mentioned before, when I used to run marathons, I only ever ran to train.  I never combined any other type of fitness training.  With CVX, I can tell that, were I to go back to running marathons (still not sure about that), P90X3 will be a GREAT companion training system.

I know that I've described CVX before*, so I will just mention how I have improved over the course of the week (the last time I did this particular session):

1) I was able to keep my 5 pound weight the WHOLE time instead of switching to a basketball.
2) I was able to dip a little deeper with each exercise.  There is one exercise which is like swinging a golf club with a 5 pound weight in your hands.  The idea is to bend across your body as low as you can (say, below your knee) and high as you can (to the ceiling).  I was able to dip below my knee, but not quite to the floor, so there is room for me to get stronger.
3) I only had to hit "pause" once as opposed to twice last week ;-)

I was a bit lazy over the weekend and didn't get my Warrior workout in on Sunday, so I will be doing that one today along with Total Synergistics. Doing a double will be challenging, but I'll get it done!  My kids are kind of nuts right now, so this double may have to wait until tonight.  Neither is napping as they should.

Onward and upward!


*It's high intensity cardio combined with VERY light weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment