Wednesday, May 21, 2014

P90X3: Traveling, hotels, and pains in the neck and back

I haven't disappeared from the universe.  Traveling with the kids has been a lot of fun but rather challenging.  In addition to my technology difficulties with P90X3, I tweaked my back and neck somehow (my guess is the really soft bed in the hotel) last Saturday morning.  So, even though we got our technology issues back on track, my back was, until yesterday, a total wreck.  Thankfully, a dear friend in Asheville recommended a great massage therapist, her boyfriend.  He worked my upper body for about 35 minutes and that has done wonders.  He is also a personal trainer and recommended that I not workout until this back pain passes.  I was glad that I had listened to my gut and stopped working out right when the pain came on.  He affirmed my decision.  Already today things are a lot better.  I can actually turn around, turn my head from left to right without major amounts of pain.  I can also get up from a lying down position without incredible pain in my back and neck.  I've been stretching and swimming and taking hot showers, all of which has helped a lot. I do think that the massage was the most help of all.

When we get back home, my plan is to start P90X3 again.  I had only done 3 days, so it shouldn't be a huge deal to start over again.  I have been rather down on myself lately because I was just getting in to a groove and then I fell out of it.  I have decided, though, to let it go and put a new plan in place for my return home. Instead of beating myself up about where I am and what has happened, it's time to pick myself up, move on, and get going again on Saturday.  I'm REALLY excited about my new plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment