Monday, May 12, 2014

P90X3, Day 1: Fit Test

This morning, I begin my journey with P90X3, the newest fitness program from Tony Horton.  I am VERY excited to get going with this program.  

Why am I blogging? I'm blogging because I need more accountability than coaching and Facebook.  Facebook is great for posting pictures and quick status updates, but I don't generally use my FB page for long posts about WHY I'm doing this or that.  I occasionally write posts like that, but I've decided that my blog will be more about my emotions, challenges, and ups and downs as I move through this 90 day journey with X3.

For those of you who don't know me but have found your way to my blog, here's a very short bio: I'm a wife and mother of two lovely kids, ages 4 (almost 5) and 2.  I work part time as French professor at local university, AND I am a coach for Beachbody, the company that works with Tony Horton (among other trainers) and distributes P90X3.  I love coaching!  I used to run marathons until our second child came along.  Now, it's a question of time for training: I'm not willing to take away time from my family to train for a marathon, so I have had to find other, shorter ways of keeping fit, losing weight, and getting time for myself.  

Fortunately, a very close friend showed me the way to Beachbody.  I started in an online fitness group with her as my coach in December 2012 and become a coach just a few months later.  Since December 2012, I have done TurboFire, the Ultimate Reset, ChaLEAN Extreme, Focus T25, the 21 Day Fix, and now P90X3.

I am VERY excited to start this next chapter.


Update: I did the Fit Test and thought, "Whoa! This is JUST the Fit Test?!!"  Though it was challenging, I know that the Fit Test will be a great way to gauge my progress over the next 90 days.  Tonight, Shannon will take my 'before' pictures, which are also a GREAT way (though not always fun) to watch progress.

Tomorrow, I will be at 5AM to get the first workout done.  Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment