Thursday, May 15, 2014

P90X3 Day 3, X Yoga

Yet again today I was wooed in to thinking that yoga would be an easy 30 minutes.  When will I learn my lesson?  That was THE HARDEST yoga workout I have ever done.  I used to take yoga at my old gym many years ago.  Why was it so hard this time?

1) It's Tony Horton-style yoga.  I should know that anytime he has ANYTHING to do with a workout, it will get kicked up a notch no matter how ancient the workout tradition is (yoga is like 5,000 years old or something).

2) Aging is indeed for idiots, as Tony says.  I am glad he says this because....

3)  Not only am I NOT flexible anymore, I am not very good at balancing either.  I used to be VERY flexible and VERY good at balancing.  I was able to flex, stretch, yoga, etc, when I was 25 pounds heavier.  Clearly, these things are not necessarily related to weight but to overall health and fitness and AGE.  Time to get flexible, fit, and balanced.

4) I now understand why the Fit Test has a toe touching exercise.  You try and touch your toes to see if you can get past your toes, and, if so, how far.  I can see that yoga will help me stretch more.  I'm already excited to see how my flexibility improves over these 90 days.
5) I am very much looking forward to getting more flexible and more balanced with this high intensity yoga program. 

I feel REALLY good after this workout.  I confess, though, that I had to stop with 5 minutes to go because life was calling me.  I will make up for it during next week's yoga workout. 

I am so incredibly happy with P90X3. I was terribly nervous to start because I had heard how hard Tony Horton's P90X programs are.  I would call them challenging, and it was a challenge that I was looking for.  I am continuing on with the 21 day fix eating plan (I will do that for the rest of my life since there is a maintenance plan once I reach my goal weight).  I feel good.  REALLY good in fact.

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are doing P90X3 as well, and they are one day ahead of me on the calendar, and based on my BIL's comments about his workout this morning (which will be mine tomorrow), I'm a little nervous.  However, I know that I can handle it.  I will do my best and forget the rest!

Happy exercising!

No comments:

Post a Comment