Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Ultimate Reset, Reflections on Day 2

Day 2 went really well!  I haven't cheated one bit, and I have been 100% committed to the process. Last night was tricky because I made the kids French toast for dinner.  R didn't finish much of hers, and when I went to clear her plate, the powdered sugar was calling to me.  Yet, I didn't cave.  I said to myself, "Don't eat that. It will not get you to your goals."  I succeeded!!  I feel such a sense of accomplishment: it's snacking on the kids' stuff is what got me where I am.  Not eating their food needs to become a long term habit.

I am not someone who does something halfway, and this applies to eating.  I wanted to learn to run long distances, so I trained and rain a marathon (3 actually).  I wanted to learn more about French and language acquisition, so I got a Ph.D. in it.  I enjoyed working with Beachbody products so much, so I became a coach.  "Halfway" is not in my personal dictionary.  For all of the above things, going full tilt is GREAT.  When it comes to eating poorly, this can be a very bad thing.  When I'm in my funks, I tend to say to myself about the kids' food, "Oh this one bite won't hurt."  Trouble is, that single bite leads to a full meal of snacking.  I go from their food, to the cabinets, to the fridge, and repeat the cycle.

After completing this Reset the first time, I developed post-Reset rules for myself, namely "No drinking alcohol at home." And, I almost NEVER drink alcohol at home anymore.  I work well with rules, which is why the Reset works so well for me.  Tell me to do something, or not to do it, and I'll do it (or not do it).  So, I believe that my next rule needs to be, "Do not eat the kids leftovers."  If I do, it opens up a Pandora's box of crud.  I can ruin an entire day of being attentive to my nutrition in just a few bites.  So, it appears that this rule needs to be added to my list.  I have every reason to believe that I will stick to it, because that's how I roll.  ;-)

I love that I am learning so much about myself and my behaviors & habits this time through.  I love that I am reflecting on not just WHAT I am eating but WHY I am eating it.  It is time to kick these habits to the curb!

Onward and upward to Day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment